FMIG Funding Initiative Grant
The 2015-16 application cycle is CLOSED. The community service survey will be available in early 2016.
$600 Annual Award
Family Medicine Interest Groups at all U.S. allopathic medical schools and branch campuses are eligible for a $600 grant from the AAFP and the AAFP Foundation to put toward their group's operation in whatever way they see fit. The purpose of the program is to provide crucial funding to FMIGs to work on the front lines at their colleges and increase student interest in family medicine.
In order to qualify, an FMIG must:
- Complete and submit the FMIG Funding Initiative application(1 page PDF), which brings together information from the FMIG, its medical school and its AAFP chapter.
- Complete the online FMIG Activity Survey. Note: The online survey does not allow you to save your progress. Download a PDF of the survey(14 page PDF) if you plan to work on the survey in pieces, but remember to complete the online version after you have all of the required information.
- Host at least one presentation on what family medicine is or innovations in family medicine (e.g., PCMH), or orchestrate and complete a project in community service or advocacy.
- Download evaluation forms(2 page PDF) and distribute to event participants during the event or activity.
- Complete the program evaluation form(1 page DOCM).
- Complete an end-of-year online community service survey provided by the AAFP by May 31, 2016. You will be notified when the survey opens.
Submit Your Application
All application materials (except the FMIG Activity Survey) must be mailed in one envelope to the following address:
American Academy of Family Physicians
Medical Education Division
Attn: Mary Harwerth
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211-2680
If your school requests funding to go to a recipient (school, department, FMIG, individual) that has not been a recipient of funds from the AAFP in the past, you will be required to submit a W-9 form(4 page PDF)(4 page PDF).