Family Medicine On Air
Family Medicine On Air is a series of live social media events that gives medical students across the country a chance to learn about hot topics in health care from family medicine leaders -- all in 15 minutes or less. Each episode streams live on Google Plus and YouTube and is archived so that you can view it later or even stream to share with your medical student colleagues at an FMIG event.
Episode 8: Celebrating World Family Doctor Day
Family physicians have the skills and training to improve the health of people and communities beyond national borders. Hear from Dr. John Parks, a family physician working in Malawi, in this 15-minute episode. Dr. Parks also answers medical students' questions about global health.
- Read more about Dr. Parks and World Family Doctor Day in AAFP News.
- Search the AAFP's directory of residency programs that offer international rotations.
- Browse the AAFP's list of organizations that accept medical students and residents for international service.
- Explore opportunities to engage in global health at the Family Medicine Global Health Workshop. Network, learn, and train with current and aspiring global health advocates.
- Join Polaris, the North American young doctors' movement.
- Get data on the global status of family medicine using the interactive World Health Mapper. The tool displays and compares country-level health indicators as maps, tables, and/or charts, and offers a better understanding of the worldwide impact of family medicine. Read more about Dr. Parks’ work on the World Health Mapper here.
- Learn about ways that you can begin to nurture your interest in global health and prepare for international service.
- Join the Global Health Member Interest Group and foster support for AAFP member interest in global health activities, networking, and collaboration.
This video is also available on: