Family Medicine On Air
Episode 5: Global Health and World Family Doctor Day
Family physicians have the skills and training to practice in a variety of settings around the world. Kyle Hoedebecke, MD, co-founder of the North American young doctors' movement Polaris, explains why family medicine is the perfect fit for students interested in global health.
- Search the AAFP's directory of residency programs that offer international rotations.
- Browse the AAFP's list of organizations that accept medical students and residents for international service.
- Explore opportunities to engage in global health at the 2015 Family Medicine Global Health Workshop. Network, learn, and train with current and aspiring global health advocates.
- Apply for an AAFP global health leadership position, and join Polaris, the North American young doctors' movement.
- Read a blog post by Polaris co-founder Kyle Hoedebecke, MD, on why new physicians should care about global health.
This video is also available on:
About Family Medicine On Air
Family Medicine On Air is a series of live social media events that gives medical students across the country a chance to learn about hot topics in health care from family medicine leaders -- all in 15 minutes or less. Each episode streams live on Google Plus and YouTube and is archived so that you can view it later or even stream to share with your medical student colleagues at an FMIG event. View the latest episode »