Chief Resident Leadership Development Program
Strong Leaders Start Here
Give your chief residents the resources they need through the AAFP’s Chief Resident Leadership Development Program—the only national program of its kind dedicated exclusively to family medicine chief residents.
During this year-long, interactive program, chief residents benefit from:
- An in-depth spring workshop covering leadership skills and competencies essential to performing well in their role;
- A specialized fall workshop held in conjuction with the AAFP Family Medicine Experience, including new resources as well as valuable peer and family medicine expert connections;
- Ongoing support and encouragement through a coaching plan, monthly newsletters, tools and worksheets, and an online chief resident listserv community.
for May 21-23, 2016
Session I is sold out. Please call/email if you have any questions about registration and before you make travel/hotel arrangements.
Per Person Fee: $1,050.00
Contact: Sam Pener
email | firstname.lastname@example.org
phone | (800) 274-2237, ext. 6707
2016 SPRING KICK-OFF WORKSHOP
Choose from two sessions: May 19-21, 2016 (sold out) or May 21-23, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Plan to register your chief residents for this interactive workshop. Participants set specific goals for the year and build a leadership toolkit. Space is limited; early registration is recommended. Registration will open in early 2016.
Intercontinental Kansas City at the Plaza
401 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
Reservations made on or before Monday, April 18, will receive the group rate of $144.00 per night + taxes, space permitting. When making reservations by phone, reference group name, "Chief Resident AAFP."
This luxury hotel is located in the heart of Kansas City's historic Country Club Plaza(countryclubplaza.com), renowned for its numerous fountains, Seville-inspired architecture, and more than 15 blocks of exclusive boutique shopping and fine dining.
A two-night stay is recommended for workshop participation.
- Why Are You a Chief Resident
- Team Building
- Professional Development of Self
- Leadership Competencies
- Leading Change
- The Art of Principled Negotiation
- Consultation for Success (optional)
- Professional Development of Others
- Ensuring Success
Get a preview of the experience.
Mark H. Greenawald, MD
Vice Chair for Academic Affairs and Professional Development, Carilion Clinic Department of Family and Community Medicine; Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke, VA.
Jeri Hepworth, PhD
Director of Medical Education and Designated Institutional Official, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center; Assistant Dean for Education at Saint Francis for the University of Connecticut, Hartford, CT.
Stacy Potts, MD, MEd
Program Director and Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Worcester Family Medicine, Worcester, MA.
Also Included in the Program:
September 21-23, 2016
Chief residents regroup and recharge at the fall workshop to further enhance their ability to help lead a residency program. Held during the AAFP Family Medicine Experience (formerly AAFP Assembly) September 20-24, 2016 —the family medicine event of the year—chief residents receive valuable resources and connect with family medicine experts. (Conference registration included in Chief Resident Leadership Development Program fee.)
YEAR-LONG LEARNING COMMUNITY
In addition to the on-site opportunities, your chief resident will receive access to supportive resources throughout the year, including:
- A program to facilitate working with a coach for support and encouragement
- Worksheets for goal-setting and self-evaluation
- Monthly newsletters for chief residents and coaches
- Online chief resident listserv community to connect with peers