Questions to Ask
Questions for Faculty
- Where are most of your graduates located and what type of practices are they going into from residency?
- How do you perceive your program compares to other programs?
- What kind of feedback are you hearing from your graduates?
- Are some rotations done at other hospitals?
- Are any other residency programs in-house?
- How and how often is feedback provided to residents?
- How would you describe the patient demographics?
- What community service programs does your residency participate in?
Questions for Residents
- What was the most important factor that made you decide to come to this program?
- What are your plans after graduation?
- What's a typical week, month, year like for a first year, second, and third year?
- What is call like? What kind of backup is provided?
- When leave of absence becomes necessary, what happens?
- How do you deal with the stress of residency?
- If there are other residency programs in-house, how do you view their presence?
- What do you/other residents do outside the hospital for community service and for fun?
- Where do you feel most of your learning is coming from?
- What are the program's areas of strength?
- What are the program's areas where improvements could be made?
Strolling Through the Match
This publication was developed to help you make appropriate decisions about your professional career and to learn more about the process of getting post-graduate training.
Download the document(80 page PDF) or order a free copy through the AAFP catalog.