Resident Representative to the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2018 for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below, which reflects the current representative’s anticipated schedule of activities.
Gain non-profit board leadership experience and mentoring from established leaders in family medicine.
- Inform and provide a resident perspective to program directors on environmental issues impacting residents and their education
- Attend required AFMRD Board Meetings
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AFMRD Board of Directors
- Provide written reports as requested
- Attend National Conference to gather information on resident issues
- PGY2 or PGY3 at the beginning of the term in September 2017
Time commitment away from residency: 15-17 days
|MEETING : AFMRD Fall Board Meeting||DATES : September 6-9, 2017||LOCATION : Nashville, TN|
|MEETING : AFMRD Winter Board Meeting||DATES : January 10-13, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Program Directors Workshop and AFMRD Board Meeting during the Residency Education Symposium||DATES : March 22, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|