Resident Representative to the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
NOTE: The position will be elected on July 29, 2017 at the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students in Kansas City. Applications are accepted up until the election; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications before the start of National Conference (July 27-29).
Gain non-profit board leadership experience and mentoring from established leaders in family medicine.
- Inform and provide a resident perspective to program directors on environmental issues impacting residents and their education
- Attend required AFMRD Board Meetings
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AFMRD Board of Directors
- Provide written reports as requested
- Attend National Conference to gather information on resident issues
- PGY2 or PGY3 at the beginning of the term in September 2017
Time commitment away from residency: 15-17 days
|MEETING : AFMRD Fall Board Meeting||DATES : September 6-9, 2017||LOCATION : Nashville, TN|
|MEETING : AFMRD Winter Board Meeting||DATES : January 10-13, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Program Directors Workshop and AFMRD Board Meeting during the Residency Education Symposium||DATES : March 22, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|