Resident Alternate Delegate to the American Medical Association House of Delegates
NOTE: Applications for this position are being accepted. The deadline is August 8, 2017.
The AAFP selects one resident as a member of the delegation to the AMA House of Delegates. Members of the AMA House of Delegates serve as an important communications, policy and membership link between the AMA and grassroots physicians. The delegates are a key source of information on activities, programs and policies of the AMA. They are expected to foster positive and useful two-way relationship between grassroots physicians and the AMA leadership.
- Represent the AAFP membership at the AMA meetings, while offering the resident perspective
- Participate in all AMA delegation activities as directed by the chair of the AAFP AMA delegation.
- Attend the National Conference and provide written and oral reports during the two years following appointment
- A member of the AMA as well as a member of the AAFP at the time of appointment and for the duration of the two-year term
- Applicant should be a PGY1 or 2 and will be a resident or fellow for the complete two-year term
- Applicant should have AMA experience as a medical student or resident prior to applying to this position
- Applicant should have demonstrated leadership experience
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 16-18 days
Funding: Travel expenses are reimbursed according to AAFP policy
|MEETING : AMA Annual Meeting||DATES : June 9-13, 2018||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|
|MEETING : AMA Interim Meeting||DATES : November 10-13, 2018||LOCATION : National Harbor, MD|
|MEETING : AMA Annual Meeting||DATES : June 8-12, 2019||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|
|MEETING : AMA Interim Meeting||DATES : November 9-12, 2019||LOCATION : Dallas, TX|