Student Representative to Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Board of Directors
NOTE: Applications for the 2017-18 term are currently being accepted. The position will be elected on July 29, 2017 at the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students in Kansas City. Applications are accepted up until the election; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications before the start of National Conference (July 27-29).
Help define the role of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine in student education. Develop your leadership skills with the help of leaders in family medicine education, and get the chance to organize conference sessions.
The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine was founded to:
- Support and promote family medicine as an academic discipline
- Maintain and continually improve the quality of family medicine education
- Encourage research and teaching in family medicine
- Facilitate the professional growth and development of family medicine educators
- Encourage a multidisciplinary and international approach to family medicine education
- Provide a forum for the interchange of experience and ideas among its members and other interested persons.
- Engage in discussions to inform decisions made by the STFM Board of Directors (does not represent the AAFP)
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Board of Directors
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Medical Student Education Committee
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in family medicine interest groups, medical school, or state organizations as a student
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 15-20 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided by STFM for attendance at STFM meetings
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : November 2017 (prior to Conf on Practice Improvement)||LOCATION : Louisville, KY|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting (video call)||DATES : February 2018||LOCATION : N/A|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : May 2018 (prior to STFM Annual Spring Conference)||LOCATION : Washington, DC|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : July/August 2018 (prior to AAFP National Conference)||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Conf on Med Student Education||DATES : February 1-4, 2018||LOCATION : Austin, TX|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|