Become an International Member of the AAFP
Stay Connected while Engaging Globally
Whether you're teaching or practicing family medicine abroad, the AAFP helps you stay connected to the specialty with quality education resources and a direct network to your colleagues. We'll give a stronger voice to family physicians like you worldwide. Benefit from:
- Quality family medicine education resources
- Opportunities to network with your colleagues here and abroad
- Assets to strengthen the voice of family physicians worldwide
- Family physicians outside the United States engaged in family medicine, the teaching of family medicine, or medical administration who are licensed to practice in countries or territories outside the United States in which no constituent chapter exists and who are not eligible for membership in the Uniformed Services Chapter.
- Medical students and physicians in training in countries and territories outside the U.S. in which no constituent chapter exists and who are not eligible for membership in the Uniformed Services chapter may be elected to international membership.
- Shall not be entitled to hold office in the AAFP but shall have voice in reference committees.
General AAFP International Membership Information
- International applications are approved subject to AAFP Bylaws. National headquarters completes enrollment. Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the constituent chapter where applicable. If all membership requirements are met, membership is continued on an annual basis, unless notification is received from the member.
International Medical Students
- Medical students who are currently enrolled in a medical school in a country or territory outside the United States that is not accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association's Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOA COCA). To apply, please submit an online application or download the application(1 page PDF).
Questions? Contact us at (913) 906-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join as an International Member
National AAFP Dues:
$120.00 annually (Jan. 1. to Dec. 31)
If applying after July 1, annual dues are pro-rated 50%.
International Medical Students:
$35.00 annually (Jan 1. to Dec. 31)