November 27, 2013 03:12 pm — The AAFP has long pointed out that there are geographic problems with funding for graduate medical education, and now an article in the November Health Affairs underscores the geographic imbalances in Medicare's GME system and makes a number of recommendations to revise the formula.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
11/20/2013 — Although it's long been thought that family medicine residency program graduates settle close to their residency training sites, new research from the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care confirms that claim.
11/19/2013 — Although total U.S. medical school enrollment increased nearly 23 percent between 2000 and 2010, many of those newly minted physicians won't choose primary care specialties nor will they settle in states with the most severe primary care shortages. Those issues are discussed in a new study in the December issue of Academic Medicine.
11/19/2013 — Residents who train in safety-net settings are more likely to return to practice in a similar setting, according to new research conducted by the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care and published in an early release of the December issue of Academic Medicine.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 10/15/2013 — Analysis Shows Not Enough Physicians Entering Primary Care
- 10/16/2013 — ABMS Solicits Comments on MOC Standards
- 10/09/2013 — Study Looks at What First-year Medical Students Find Important
- 09/18/2013 — COGME Report Calls for Better Value in GME
- 09/18/2013 — GME Programs Need Social Accountability Standards
- 09/11/2013 — AAFP Offers REMS-specific CME on ER/LA Opioids
- 09/06/2013 — Residency Directors Discuss Benefits of GME Funding Program
- 09/04/2013 — Duty Hour Reforms Have No Effect on Patient Mortality
- 09/04/2013 — More Medical Students Opt for Family Medicine Careers
- 08/26/2013 — 'Education-Centered Medical Home' Teaching Model Succeeds
- 08/21/2013 — San Diego Free Clinics Rely on FPs, Students