The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Glen Stream, M.D., M.B.I., of Spokane, Wash., to be the Academy's next president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
- Speaker of the Congress -- Leah Raye Mabry, M.D., of San Antonio
- Vice Speaker -- John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Centreville, Ala.
- Directors -- Barbara Doty, M.D., of Wasilla, Alaska; Richard Madden Jr., M.D., of Belen, N.M.; and Robert Wergin, M.D., of Milford, Neb.
- New physician Board member -- Russell Kohl, M.D., of Vinita, Okla.
- Resident Board member -- Heidi Meyer, M.D., of Tucson, Ariz.
- Student Board member -- Kevin Bernstein, of Quakertown, Pa.