The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Jeffrey Cain, M.D., of Aurora, Colo., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
- Speaker of the Congress -- John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Centreville, Ala.
- Vice Speaker -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Directors -- Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., of York, Pa.; Daniel Spogen, M.D., of Reno, Nev.; and Julie Wood, M.D., of Kansas City, Mo.
- New physician Board member -- Robyn Liu, of Portland, Ore.
- Resident Board member -- Brent Smith, M.D., of Brandon, Miss.
- Student Board member -- Jessica Johnson, of Newington, Conn.