The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Reid Blackwelder, M.D., Kingsport, Tenn., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
AAFP President-elect Reid Blackwelder, M.D., of Kingsport, Tenn., is escorted by his wife, Alex, at the 2012 Congress of Delegates.
- Speaker of the Congress -- John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Centreville, Ala.
- Vice Speaker -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Directors -- Carlos Gonzales, M.D., Patagonia, Ariz.; Rebecca Jaffe, M.D., Wilmington, Del. (Jaffe will serve out the remaining two years left vacant by Julie Wood's, M.D., resignation from the Board); H. Clifton Knight, M.D., Indianapolis; Lloyd Van Winkle, M.D., Castroville, Texas
- New physician Board member -- Ravi Grivois-Shah, M.D., of Oak Park, Ill.
- Resident Board member -- Sarah Tully Marks, M.D., of Shorewood, Wis.
- Student Board member -- Aaron Meyer, of St. Louis
The AAFP now has videos of all of the AAFP Board members and officers. Visit the Board of Directors page on the AAFP website to choose a Board member. Scroll to the end of their biography to see individual videos.