The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Robert Wergin, M.D., of Milford, Neb., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Robert Wergin, M.D., of Milford, Neb., hugs his partner, Brenda Bacon, upon hearing he has been elected AAFP President-elect.
- Speaker of the Congress -- John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Centreville, Ala.
- Vice Speaker -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Directors -- Jack Chou, M.D., of San Marino, Calif.; Robert Lee, M.D., of Johnston, Iowa; and Michael Munger, M.D., Overland Park, Kan.
- New physician Board member -- Kisha Davis, M.D., North Potomac, Md.
- Resident Board member -- Kimberly Becher, M.D., of Huntington, W.V.
- Student Board member -- B. Tate Hinkle, of Birmingham, Ala.