October 29, 2014 11:18 pm Washington — AAFP member Kent Brantly, M.D., sat down with AAFP News shortly before his speech to a packed ballroom during the AAFP Assembly on Oct. 24 to discuss his experience with Ebola infection.Full Story »
News From 2014 AAFP Congress & Assembly
Recent 2014 AAFP Assembly Stories
10/29/2014 — Attendees at this year's AAFP Assembly got a first glimpse of a three-year communications campaign being launched by the AAFP and its seven family medicine sister organizations. Dubbed Health is Primary, the campaign will use advertising, news media outreach, online communications and other outreach efforts to rally patients, employers, policymakers and others to recognize and support the value of family medicine and primary care.
10/29/2014 — This page provides a roundup of photos from the 2014 Congress of Delegates and Assembly, as well as social media coverage of the events, videos by and about participants, and more.
10/29/2014 — At the close of the 2014 AAFP Assembly, Academy EVP and CEO Doug Henley, M.D., delivered a surprise announcement. Starting in 2015, the premier family medicine event of the year will be known as FMX, or the Family Medicine Experience.
More 2014 AAFP Assembly News
- 10/29/2014 — New 'Out and About' Assembly CME Draws Sell-out Crowds
- 10/29/2014 — Members Debate Wide Range of Public Health Policy Issues
- 10/27/2014 — 'Do You Know Who I Am?'
- 10/26/2014 — Tech Advances Offer 'Unprecedented Opportunity,' Says Assembly Keynoter
- 10/24/2014 — HHS Secretary Announces New Grant Program to Promote Care Coordination
- 10/24/2014 — FPs Highlight Practice Concerns That Affect Patient Care, Payment
- 10/24/2014 — AAFP Delegates Tackle Health Care Equity, CME Issues
- 10/23/2014 — New Academy President Calls on FPs to Champion Primary Care
- 10/23/2014 — FPOY Mixes Full-scope Family Medicine With Healthy Dose of Advocacy
- 10/23/2014 — Delegates Consider End-of-Life Care, Other Health Issues
- 10/22/2014 — AAFP's New President Emphasizes, Epitomizes Full-scope Family Medicine
- 10/22/2014 — New AAFP Leaders Announced at Congress of Delegates
- 10/22/2014 — AAFP Delegates Debate Issues Past, Present and Future
- 10/21/2014 — GME, Payment Reform Take Center Stage at Town Hall Meeting