The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Michael Munger, M.D., of Overland Park, Kan., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Moments after election results are announced in Orlando, Fla., AAFP President-elect Michael Munger, M.D., of Overland Park, Kan., is escorted to the podium by sergeants-at-arms Cora Christian, M.D, M.P.H., of Frederiksted, V.I., and Lee Carter, M.D., of Huntingdon, Tenn.
- Speaker of the Congress -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Vice Speaker -- Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., of Oregon, Wis.
- Directors -- Robert Raspa, M.D., of Orange Park, Fla.; Leonard Reeves, M.D., of Rome, Ga.; and Ada Stewart, M.D., R.Ph., of Columbia, S.C.
- New physician Board member -- Matthew Burke, M.D., of Arlington, Va.
- Resident Board member -- Stewart Decker, M.D., of Klamath Falls, Ore.
- Student Board member -- Lauren Abdul-Majeed, of Chicago
Related AAFP News Coverage
2016 Congress of Delegates
Opioids, Burnout Are Among Hot Topics in Town Hall Meeting
2016 Congress of Delegates: Day One(storify.com)