November 22, 2016 11:10 am — On Nov. 22, the American Board of Family Medicine announced modifications it will make starting next spring to the Family Medicine Certification examination that forms the cognitive expertise component of certification, as well as to the overall test day schedule.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
11/18/2016 — AAFP experts researched the growth rate of medical specialties based on National Residency Matching Program statistics from 1986 to 2016.
10/21/2016 — A study in the October issue of Family Medicine details the AAFP's work in conducting an analysis of the 2016 National Resident Matching Program.
10/18/2016 — By tracking the career paths of physicians after residency, researchers showed how graduate medical education spending contributes to physicians practicing in the state where they are trained.
08/31/2016 — A number of new and expanding family medicine residency programs promise to increase the number of resident positions and boost access to care for patients.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 08/17/2016 — Students Rank Family Medicine No. 1 in Specialty Choice Survey
- 08/03/2016 — Residents Craft 66 Resolutions for Debate; Set New Record
- 08/03/2016 — Students Seek to Protect Patients, Spotlight Rural Training Options
- 07/30/2016 — Residents, Students Elect New Leaders at 2016 National Conference
- 07/26/2016 — ABFM Simplifies, Streamlines Family Medicine Certification
- 07/14/2016 — AAFP CME Requirement Changes Benefit Family Physicians
- 07/01/2016 — Family Medicine Leads Emerging Leader Institute Project Winners Hailed
- 06/27/2016 — Family Medicine Groups Press CMS to Expand Rural Training
- 06/14/2016 — Tax Incentives Aim to Attract Primary Care Preceptors
- 04/08/2016 — Bill for Chronic Care Management, Boost Your Bottom Line