February 28, 2014 03:20 pm — After many months of discussion and negotiation, leaders of the U.S. allopathic and osteopathic medical communities announced this week that they will transition to a single graduate medical education accreditation system.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
02/26/2014 — More osteopathic physicians matched to family medicine than any other medical specialty in the recently completed American Osteopathic Association Intern/Resident Registration Program, which matches graduating osteopathic physicians with residency programs nationwide. When the results were tabulated, family medicine filled 519 of 880 open positions in the 2014 osteopathic Match.
02/18/2014 — Invite 23 inquisitive graduate-level students to an event with a keynote speaker steeped in knowledge about a shared topic of interest, and watch the passion explode. That's exactly what happened recently at American Medical Student Association headquarters in Sterling, Va., where the second annual Primary Care Interprofessional Leadership Institute was held Feb. 7-9.
01/29/2014 — As headlines about primary care physician shortages in rural areas of the United States proliferate, the need to forcefully address these shortages becomes increasingly important at the federal level. The Robert Graham Center on Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care recently held a forum at the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center for policymakers and other interested parties on just this subject.
Chapter Spotlight Series
More Physician Education & Development News
- 01/15/2014 — NHSC 2014 Application Period Now Open
- 11/27/2013 — GME Funding Inequities Are Focus of Research
- 11/20/2013 — Family Physicians Settle Close to Training Sites
- 11/19/2013 — Study: More Medical Schools Not Answer for Patient Access
- 11/19/2013 — Train More Residents in Safety-net Settings, Says Study
- 10/15/2013 — Not Enough Physicians Entering Primary Care
- 10/16/2013 — ABMS Solicits Comments on MOC Standards
- 10/09/2013 — Study Looks at What First-year Medical Students Find Important
- 09/18/2013 — COGME Report Calls for Better Value in GME
- 09/18/2013 — GME Programs Need Social Accountability Standards
- 09/11/2013 — AAFP Offers REMS-specific CME on ER/LA Opioids