January 09, 2017 10:24 am — The AAFP sent congratulatory letters to 21 U.S. allopathic medical schools for graduating high percentages of students entering family medicine residencies during the 2015-2016 academic year.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
12/07/2016 — The AAFP is supporting a proposal that would increase the number of consecutive hours first-year residents can work from 16 to 24, plus an additional four hours to manage care transitions, if indicated.
11/22/2016 — On Nov. 22, the American Board of Family Medicine announced modifications it will make starting next spring to the Family Medicine Certification examination that forms the cognitive expertise component of certification, as well as to the overall test day schedule.
11/18/2016 — AAFP experts researched the growth rate of medical specialties based on National Residency Matching Program statistics from 1986 to 2016.
10/21/2016 — A study in the October issue of Family Medicine details the AAFP's work in conducting an analysis of the 2016 National Resident Matching Program.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 10/18/2016 — Study Bolsters Case for Continued Medicaid Funding of GME
- 08/31/2016 — New Family Medicine Residencies Aim to Expand Access
- 08/17/2016 — Students Rank Family Medicine No. 1 in Specialty Choice Survey
- 08/03/2016 — Residents Craft 66 Resolutions for Debate; Set New Record
- 08/03/2016 — Students Seek to Protect Patients, Spotlight Rural Training Options
- 07/30/2016 — Residents, Students Elect New Leaders at 2016 National Conference
- 07/26/2016 — ABFM Simplifies, Streamlines Family Medicine Certification
- 07/14/2016 — AAFP CME Requirement Changes Benefit Family Physicians
- 07/01/2016 — Family Medicine Leads Emerging Leader Institute Project Winners Hailed
- 06/27/2016 — Family Medicine Groups Press CMS to Expand Rural Training