June 26, 2017 12:12 pm — American Family Physician will host a Twitter chat about reducing antibiotic overuse on July 9. Family physicians can earn up to 4.0 Prescribed CME credits by participating in the activity.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
05/18/2017 — Researchers found that a drop in federal funding precipitated a halt in the number of new teaching health center family medicine residency programs.
03/17/2017 — Family medicine recorded a new high for matching residents in the 2017 National Resident Matching Program: 3,237 medical students and graduates chose family medicine residency programs.
03/15/2017 — New residency program requirements from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education stress patient safety, care quality and physician well-being and return to the 24-hour cap for first-year residents.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 03/15/2017 — New Journal Offers Publication Option for 'Early-stage' Scholars
- 03/08/2017 — AAFP's PerformanceNavigator Honored for Novel Approach to CME
- 02/17/2017 — Family Medicine Faculty More Diverse Than Most, but Still Wanting
- 02/07/2017 — D.O. Physicians' Passion for Family Medicine Continues
- 01/09/2017 — AAFP Applauds Top 21 FP-producing Medical Schools
- 12/07/2016 — Time to Lift 16-Hour Limit on First-year Residents
- 11/22/2016 — You'll Like These Changes to 2018 ABFM Exam
- 11/18/2016 — Researchers Note Mismatch Between GME, U.S. Population Needs
- 10/21/2016 — U.S. Medical Schools Still Underproducing Family Physicians
- 10/18/2016 — Study Bolsters Case for Continued Medicaid Funding of GME