October 12, 2016 03:25 pm — The Health is Primary campaign is offering a toolkit for family physicians this month that includes patient information materials on comprehensive, coordinated and continuous care.Full Story »
Family Medicine for America's Health
In August 2013, the AAFP joined with seven other national family medicine organizations -- the AAFP Foundation, the American Board of Family Medicine, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, the Association of Departments of Family Medicine, the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, the North American Primary Care Research Group and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine -- to examine the challenges and opportunities facing family medicine and define a path forward in the rapidly changing health care landscape.
The resulting collaboration, dubbed Family Medicine for America’s Health(fmahealth.org), is engaging primary care health professionals, patients, policymakers and other key stakeholders to drive continued improvement of the U.S. health care system and spotlight the value of true primary care. To complement this strategic work, Family Medicine for America’s Health has launched a communications campaign -- Health is Primary(healthisprimary.org) -- to advocate the values of family medicine, demonstrate the benefits of primary care and drive patient activation.
AAFP News has been covering this initiative since its inception. Here's a look back at some of that coverage.
Recent Family Medicine for America's Health News
09/19/2016 — Health is Primary is driving a positive conversation about primary care and the values of family medicine by telling our stories of innovation and transformation.
09/14/2016 — The Health is Primary campaign from Family Medicine for America's Health is focusing on healthy aging during the month of September.
08/12/2016 — The Health is Primary campaign has focused its efforts for August on promoting childhood and adult immunizations. The campaign offers multiple resources for FPs to use with their patients.
08/02/2016 — During a Health is Primary panel event at the 2016 National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students, panelists discussed the importance of advocating for family medicine.
More Family Medicine for America's Health Content
- 07/19/2016 — Iora Primary Care Gets Creative in Tackling Chronic Disease
- 06/29/2016 — Health is Primary Highlights FPs' Role in Promoting Fitness, Nutrition
- 05/31/2016 — Health is Primary Focuses on Integrating Primary Care, Mental Health
- 02/26/2016 — Campaign Promotes Family Physicians' Role in End-of-Life Care
- 01/05/2016 — Health is Primary Educates, Advocates in Nationwide Tour
- 12/15/2015 — Direct Primary Care Disrupter: Colorado FP Bucks Traditional Practice
- 11/13/2015 — Collaboration With CVS Amplifies Health is Primary's Message
- 11/03/2015 — Michigan Program Recruits Residents Who'll Stay Nearby
- 10/09/2015 — Primary Care Bolsters Colorado's Continued Health Success
- 10/06/2015 — Primary Care: Happily Keeping America Healthy