December 01, 2015 03:26 pm — CMS has hired a contractor to make random phone calls to physician practices to verify their information in Medicare Advantage plan provider directories.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
11/25/2015 — Physicians should learn how to utilize CMS' Quality and Resource Use Reports because they highlight practice information that will soon impact Medicare payment.
11/17/2015 — The AAFP recently submitted detailed responses to 126 questions as part of a CMS request for information on how to implement new payment models.
11/13/2015 — The AAFP told HHS in a recent letter regarding a proposed rule that the government must provide funding for interpreter services or drop the mandate.
11/11/2015 — The final 2016 Medicare physician fee schedule has been released, and an expected 0.5 percent pay increase was effectively reduced to zero.
More Government & Medicine News
- 11/11/2015 — AAFP Backs Bill to Grant Forbearance on MU Penalties
- 11/04/2015 — AAFP Leaders Take Family Medicine's Message to Capitol Hill
- 11/04/2015 — CMS Reports Vaccine, Mammography Claims Processing Errors
- 10/23/2015 — Tell Congress to Hit Pause on Meaningful Use Stage Three
- 10/15/2015 — Appropriate Use Criteria Timelines Unrealistic, Says Coalition
- 10/13/2015 — HHS Final Rules Address EHR Incentives, Certification Criteria
- 10/12/2015 — House Members Launch Primary Care Caucus
- 10/08/2015 — AAFP to CMS: Time to Slow Administrative Busy Work
- 10/07/2015 — House, Senate Ask CMS to Delay Meaningful Use Stage Three
- 10/07/2015 — New Caucus Forms to Champion Primary Care on Capitol Hill