July 26, 2016 12:10 pm — Dozens of medical organizations, including the AAFP, are pushing back against a proposal by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that would allow nurses to practice independently inside VA facilities.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
07/18/2016 — The AAFP has summarized for family physicians key points of the recently released 2017 proposed Medicare physician fee schedule.
07/15/2016 — The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is seeking to expand the scope of practice for advanced practice registered nurses in VA facilities by granting them independent practice authority.
07/15/2016 — The Senate has joined the House in adopting the conference report on the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016 by an overwhelming margin; the measure now heads to the president's desk.
07/13/2016 — After repeated legislative and advocacy efforts by the AAFP, CMS has made changes in a proposed rule that will benefit family physicians.
More Government & Medicine News
- 07/12/2016 — AAFP Fights to Block Undue 'Sunshine' Reporting Requirements
- 07/06/2016 — HHS Grant Helps Small Practices Move to Value-based Models
- 07/05/2016 — CMS Addresses Senate Concerns on Part B Payment Proposal
- 06/22/2016 — Panelists Call for Medicare Chronic Care Payment Reform
- 06/17/2016 — AAFP, Other Groups Press Congress to Act Fast on Zika Funding
- 06/10/2016 — ONC Transparency Efforts Help FPs Make Informed EHR Selections
- 06/09/2016 — Final Rule Seeks to Level Playing Field for ACO Incentives
- 06/08/2016 — AAFP Expertise on EHRs Guides ONC
- 05/27/2016 — Improve Rule to Increase Opioid Abuse Treatment, Academy Urges
- 05/25/2016 — AAFP Responds to Senator's Call to Lead on Opioid Issue