April 16, 2014 02:57 pm Washington — Few physicians and probably fewer patients are happy with the fee-for-service payment model for medical care, but a lot of work needs to be done to initiate any kind of change. That's according panelists who spoke during a recent forum on primary care hosted by the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
04/09/2014 — Although partisanship currently seems to be affecting all aspects of health care policy, when family physicians visit the nation's capital for advocacy efforts, they should avoid any sign of political posturing. That was the message delivered by several political consultants who spoke at the 2014 AAFP Family Medicine Congressional Conference April 7 in Washington.
04/09/2014 — Consolidation among health care institutions is reducing competition nationally, and the independence of many family physician practices is being threatened, according to a recent letter the AAFP sent to the Federal Trade Commission.
04/09/2014 — Costs for medical services continue to rise at a rate that worries patients, physicians and policymakers, yet firm solutions to reducing those costs remain elusive, according to a panel of experts at a recent workshop on price transparency in health care that was hosted by the Federal Trade Commission in Washington.
Talk With Leaders
More Government & Medicine News
- 04/02/2014 — What You Need to Know About the Latest SGR Patch
- 03/28/2014 — House Passes One-year SGR Patch
- 03/26/2014 — Don't Leave Physicians Holding Bag on Payments, Says AAFP
- 03/21/2014 — AAFP Board Pushes Congress for End to Doc Fixes
- 03/19/2014 — CMS Reverses Decision on Medicare Part D Limitations
- 03/12/2014 — House, Senate Need to Act on SGR Repeal
- 03/10/2014 — President's 2015 Budget Bolsters Primary Care
- 03/07/2014 — AAFP Fights for Patient Access to Primary Care
- 02/26/2014 — Letter Urges HHS to Modify Meaningful Use Requirements
- 02/25/2014 — AAFP Asking Members to Speak Out on SGR Legislation
- 02/19/2014 — AAFP Comes Out in Support of SGR Repeal Legislation