May 25, 2017 04:15 pm Washington, D.C. — Health policy analysts said family physicians need to be engaged in advocacy now, while senators are considering major health care legislation.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
05/15/2017 — The AAFP and five other frontline physician groups met recently with senators and legislative staff to raise a red flag about serious flaws in the American Health Care Act.
05/04/2017 — The AAFP was disappointed by the House vote to pass the American Health Care Act and now will focus on helping the Senate improve the U.S. health care system.
04/28/2017 — The AAFP and five other physician organizations sent House leaders a letter on April 26 to oppose reported compromises in proposed health care legislation.
04/14/2017 — A coalition of organizations that includes the AAFP is pressing Congress and the White House to maintain federal funding that enables millions of Americans to obtain affordable health insurance.
More Government & Medicine News
- 04/04/2017 — AAFP Lauds VA Stance on Sharing HIV, Sickle Cell Test Results
- 04/03/2017 — AAFP, AMA Lead Call for Rollback of Outdated Program Penalties
- 03/24/2017 — Need Help Implementing Chronic Care Management Services?
- 03/22/2017 — Shortcomings in AHCA Demand 'No' Vote, AAFP Tells Legislators
- 03/20/2017 — AAFP Urges Rejection of Draft Budget That Hurts Health Care System
- 03/17/2017 — Speak Out Boosts FPs' Voices on American Health Care Act
- 03/15/2017 — AAFP Warns Congress About Flaws in Proposed ACA Replacement
- 03/08/2017 — AAFP Expresses Significant Concerns With Health Care Proposal
- 02/28/2017 — Proposed Commission on Complex Diseases Wins AAFP Support
- 02/22/2017 — Federal Appeals Court Strikes Down Physician Gag Law