September 27, 2016 03:27 pm — Lawmakers in the House introduced a bill that would change the tax code so the direct primary care model is not treated as a health plan or insurance.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
09/21/2016 — The AAFP recently sent a letter to House and Senate leaders outlining primary care programs that should receive continued funding in the 2017 budget.
09/13/2016 — The AAFP recently joined 53 other organizations to urge congressional action on the Recognize, Assist, Include, Support and Engage Family Caregivers Act.
09/12/2016 — A Senate bill would make permanent CMS' Independence at Home demonstration project, which provides home-based primary care for patients with chronic conditions.
09/06/2016 — The AAFP applauded adding a telehealth benefit to TRICARE, but warned against inadvertently undermining the current system of state medical licensure.
More Government & Medicine News
- 08/31/2016 — AAFP Urges Review, Rewrite of Portions of Proposed Rule
- 08/24/2016 — AAFP Calls for Revisions in Proposed 2017 Physician Fee Schedule
- 08/23/2016 — AAFP Urges CMS to Rework Proposed New Patient Codes
- 08/16/2016 — CMS Fields New Pilot Program to Bolster Medicare Advantage
- 08/16/2016 — AAFP Takes on Patient Experience Survey Issues
- 08/15/2016 — Alabama FPs Fight to Restore Full Medicaid Funding
- 08/08/2016 — AAFP Fights Proposed Reporting for Opioid Use Disorder Care
- 07/27/2016 — $149 Million in HRSA Grants Highlight Primary Care Workforce Needs
- 07/26/2016 — AAFP Joins Push Against Greater Authority for APRNs in VA Facilities
- 07/18/2016 — Proposed Medicare Fee Schedule Emphasizes Primary Care's Value