February 17, 2017 02:38 pm — On Feb. 10, the AAFP signed on to a joint letter to leaders of both the House and Senate appropriations committees that urges them to continue funding efforts to combat Zika virus.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
02/14/2017 — The American College of Physicians issued a clinical practice guideline recommending physicians treat patients' nonradicular acute or subacute low back pain with nondrug therapies.
02/10/2017 — A Feb. 7 CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report and an accompanying Vital Signs report found a high prevalence of adult hearing loss from noise encountered during everyday activities.
02/08/2017 — The AAFP will host a free webinar on Feb. 16 from 8-9 p.m. CST that will focus on how to best educate patients about the safety of OTC analgesics.
02/06/2017 — The CDC and its Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, together with the AAFP and other groups, have released the 2017 adult and childhood immunization schedules.
More Health of the Public News
- 02/03/2017 — Top Preventive Services Recommendations Ranked by Relative Efficacy
- 02/01/2017 — Seasonal Flu Activity Continues to Climb in United States
- 01/30/2017 — Video Decision Aids Help Patients Follow USPSTF Recommendations
- 01/25/2017 — More Research Needed on Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- 01/24/2017 — FP Joins Webinar Panel to Share Smoking Cessation Success Stories
- 01/18/2017 — AAFP, ACP: Lower Older Adults' SBP to Below 150 mm Hg
- 01/18/2017 — Big Drop Seen in Diabetes-related Kidney Disease in Native Americans
- 01/16/2017 — Use Folic Acid Supplements to Prevent Neural Tube Defects
- 01/11/2017 — New Guidance: Dodge Peanut Allergy Using, Well, Peanuts
- 01/09/2017 — AAO-HNS Updates Guideline on Diagnosis, Treatment of Cerumen Impaction