October 19, 2016 04:15 pm — A recent study looked at how the advent of screening mammography has affected reported breast cancer incidence, related mortality and the potential for overdiagnosis.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
10/19/2016 — The AAFP has posted new OTC drug safety resources for patients on FamilyDoctor.org. The materials focus on proper dosing of children's medications, as well as safe storage practices.
10/13/2016 — The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids announced the national launch of its Search and Rescue campaign to help educate opioid prescribers and provide them with key resources.
10/07/2016 — The AAFP has joined the CDC, the Pew Charitable Trusts and 11 other national health groups to promote judicious outpatient antibiotic use to reduce antibiotic resistance.
10/05/2016 — Researchers suggest that Zika can be transmitted through tears or sweat, while the CDC has updated its interim guidance on the virus and issued a new travel advisory.
More Health of the Public News
- 10/05/2016 — Winning Rural Opioid Fight Depends on Family Physicians
- 09/30/2016 — USPSTF: Screen Pregnant Women for Pre-eclampsia Using BP
- 09/28/2016 — AAFP Supports ACA's Coverage of Contraceptive Services
- 09/20/2016 — Study Validates Strategies to Support Patient Self-management
- 09/13/2016 — AAFP to Host New Zika Virus Webinar on Sept. 16
- 09/08/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP: Screen Adults at Increased Risk for Latent TB Infection
- 09/07/2016 — FDA Requires New Warnings on Combined Opioid, Benzodiazepine Use
- 09/07/2016 — AAFP Calls for 'All-Hands-on-Deck' Effort to End Opioid Crisis
- 09/07/2016 — New Research Program Targets Health Disparity, Chronic Disease
- 08/31/2016 — AAFP Releases Updated CRC Screening Recommendations