November 15, 2017 02:02 pm — The AAFP will review a new hypertension guideline the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American College of Cardiology unveiled Nov. 13 at the AHA's Scientific Sessions 2017 in Anaheim, Calif.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
11/14/2017 — Awareness campaigns, scientific advances and documentation help keep childhood vaccination rates high, said speakers at the 2017 AAFP State Legislative Conference.
11/10/2017 — On Nov. 7, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted a draft recommendation statement and draft evidence review on screening individuals for osteoporosis to prevent fractures.
11/07/2017 — The Idaho AFP recently revamped its Tar Wars presentation tools and resources, and presenters and students alike seem to be impressed.
11/02/2017 — On Oct. 24, the CDC issued a Health Alert Network advisory offering recommendations for assessing patients currently living or working in or recently returned from hurricane-affected areas.
More Health of the Public News
- 10/31/2017 — ACIP Recommends New Herpes Zoster Subunit Vaccine
- 10/30/2017 — G-TRUST Instrument Identifies Useful Clinical Guidelines
- 10/27/2017 — Choosing Wisely: Five Years of Focusing on 'the Right Care'
- 10/26/2017 — AAFP Offers Support for Opioid Commission's Early Proposals
- 10/24/2017 — CDC Updates Guidance on Zika Virus Infection in Infants
- 10/24/2017 — AAFP: To Delay Food Labeling Rule Would Be 'Preposterous'
- 10/23/2017 — CDC: Rural Americans More Likely to Die by Suicide
- 10/16/2017 — Study: Formularies Offer Path to Reduce Opioid Prescribing
- 10/12/2017 — Counsel Young Fair-skinned Patients About Skin Cancer
- 10/10/2017 — Tdap Vaccine During Pregnancy Reduces Newborn Pertussis