January 18, 2017 04:17 pm — The AAFP and the American College of Physicians published a joint guideline on appropriate systolic blood pressure targets for patients 60 and older who have hypertension.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
01/18/2017 — A recently released Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report showed diabetes-related end-stage renal disease among Native American adults decreased 54 percent from 1996 to 2013.
01/16/2017 — On Jan. 10, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force published its final recommendation statement and evidence summary on folic acid supplementation to prevent neural tube defects.
01/11/2017 — New evidence-based recommendations call for introducing certain infants at risk for developing peanut allergy to dietary peanut as early as age 4 months.
01/09/2017 — On Jan. 3, the American Academy of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery Foundation published its updated clinical practice guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of cerumen impaction.
More Health of the Public News
- 01/05/2017 — AAFP Endorses ACP Guideline on Medications for Type 2 Diabetes
- 12/21/2016 — Don't Routinely Screen Adults, Teens for Genital Herpes
- 12/16/2016 — CDC: Use of Syringe Services Programs Up, but HIV Still a Threat
- 12/14/2016 — FDA Puts Tobacco Marketers on Notice for Product Violations
- 12/12/2016 — AAFP, Others Applaud Surgeon General's Report on E-Cigarettes
- 12/09/2016 — Study: Discussing Opioid Risks May Reduce Likelihood of Misuse, Abuse
- 12/05/2016 — AAFP, Conversation Project Partner to Aid End-of-Life Care Conversations
- 12/02/2016 — Tailor CVD Prevention Counseling Decisions for Low-, Average-risk Adults
- 11/30/2016 — Texas Announces Possible Local Mosquito-transmitted Zika Case
- 11/28/2016 — USPSTF: Don't Screen Asymptomatic Adults for Thyroid Cancer