July 20, 2016 03:02 pm — This past week marked a couple of Zika firsts: the first case of Zika virus infection transmitted via an unknown route and the first case of confirmed female-to-male transmission.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
07/13/2016 — The Academy's second class of tobacco and nicotine prevention and control mini-grant recipients found innovative ways to control tobacco use at the state and local levels.
07/06/2016 — On June 28, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted a draft recommendation statement and draft evidence review on screening asymptomatic, nonpregnant women for gynecologic conditions using pelvic exams.
07/05/2016 — The AAFP responded to a request from the Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria with information about the AAFP's actions in this area and recommendations for further action.
06/29/2016 — The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recently voted to recommend use of the quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine for HIV-infected patients.
More Health of the Public News
- 06/29/2016 — AAFP Offers Free COPD, Asthma Resources for Physicians, Patients
- 06/27/2016 — CDC Warns of Multistate Outbreak of Burkholderia cepacia Infection
- 06/23/2016 — ACIP: Don't Use LAIV During 2016-17 Flu Season
- 06/22/2016 — USPSTF: Screen Adults Ages 50-75 for Colorectal Cancer
- 06/20/2016 — USPSTF: More Research Needed on Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- 06/14/2016 — AAFP Teams With FDA on Pregnancy, Lactation Labeling Rule Video
- 06/13/2016 — Academy Delivers New Opioid Toolkit, CME to Equip Members
- 06/13/2016 — Despite Strides Made, Mental Health Care Needs More Support
- 06/08/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP: Screen At-risk Adults, Teens for Syphilis
- 06/08/2016 — AAN Offers Free Webinar on Zika Virus, Guillain-Barré Syndrome