September 20, 2017 12:47 pm — Although evidence indicates that influenza vaccination is safe during pregnancy, data are limited for women in their first trimester, prompting a recent study that examined the incidence of miscarriage in women who received the vaccine.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
09/12/2017 — A free AAFP webinar scheduled for 11 a.m. to noon CDT on Sept. 26 will focus on helping family doctors increase their influenza vaccination rates, especially among patients ages 65 and older.
09/12/2017 — The CDC has issued its annual recommendations for the prevention and control of seasonal influenza, which include guidance on the use of two newly licensed vaccines, as well as information on one vaccine's expanded age indication.
09/06/2017 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force has issued a final recommendation statement that calls for clinicians to conduct vision screening at least once in children ages 3-5 years.
09/05/2017 — On Aug. 31, the CDC released maps depicting adult obesity prevalence by state and territory, which show that obesity levels in the United States remain high.
More Health of the Public News
- 09/01/2017 — Neighborhood Socioeconomic Position Key to Predicting CVD Risk
- 08/30/2017 — AAFP, Health Groups Demand 'R' Rating for Movies With Smoking
- 08/28/2017 — AMA Opioid Task Force Issues Updated Naloxone Guidance
- 08/23/2017 — AAFP Mapping Tool Aims to Enhance Immunization Advocacy
- 08/21/2017 — AAFP Addresses Contraceptive Access and Coverage With FDA, CMS
- 08/17/2017 — AAFP to CMS: Set Minimum Coverage Standards for Preventive Services
- 08/14/2017 — Cyclosporiasis Cases on Upswing, Warns CDC Health Advisory
- 08/11/2017 — Overcoming Barriers to Opioid Treatment Takes Center Stage
- 08/08/2017 — AAFP Awards Third Round of Tobacco Control Mini-grants
- 07/31/2017 — CDC Updates Guidance on Zika Testing for Pregnant Women