February 23, 2017 04:53 pm — On Feb. 15, the AAFP signed on to a letter to House members, urging them to oppose a bill that would exempt some cigars, including flavored cigars, from FDA regulation.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
02/21/2017 — Interim estimates for the 2016-2017 influenza season show this year's vaccine has been 48 percent effective in preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza A and B viral infection.
02/17/2017 — On Feb. 10, the AAFP signed on to a joint letter to leaders of both the House and Senate appropriations committees that urges them to continue funding efforts to combat Zika virus.
02/14/2017 — The American College of Physicians issued a clinical practice guideline recommending physicians treat patients' nonradicular acute or subacute low back pain with nondrug therapies.
02/10/2017 — A Feb. 7 CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report and an accompanying Vital Signs report found a high prevalence of adult hearing loss from noise encountered during everyday activities.
More Health of the Public News
- 02/08/2017 — AAFP Webinar: Educating Patients on OTC Drug Safety
- 02/06/2017 — CDC, AAFP Release 2017 Immunization Schedules
- 02/03/2017 — Top Preventive Services Recommendations Ranked by Relative Efficacy
- 02/01/2017 — Seasonal Flu Activity Continues to Climb in United States
- 01/30/2017 — Video Decision Aids Help Patients Follow USPSTF Recommendations
- 01/25/2017 — More Research Needed on Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- 01/24/2017 — FP Joins Webinar Panel to Share Smoking Cessation Success Stories
- 01/18/2017 — AAFP, ACP: Lower Older Adults' SBP to Below 150 mm Hg
- 01/18/2017 — Big Drop Seen in Diabetes-related Kidney Disease in Native Americans
- 01/16/2017 — Use Folic Acid Supplements to Prevent Neural Tube Defects