May 05, 2016 03:45 pm — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force released its first-ever draft recommendation statement on May 3 on screening asymptomatic patients for celiac disease.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
05/04/2016 — The Academy recently recognized three family medicine interest groups (FMIGs) as part of the 2016 Tar Wars Challenge for FMIGs.
04/29/2016 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force released its draft recommendation statement April 26 on primary care interventions to support breastfeeding.
04/27/2016 — The AAFP has reviewed the final version of the CDC's guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain and given it a designation of "affirmation of value."
04/26/2016 — The 2015-2016 AAFP Vaccine Science Fellows created a frequently asked questions resource for family physicians about the two serogroup B meningococcal vaccines.
More Health of the Public News
- 04/20/2016 — CDC Finds Causal Relationship Between Zika Virus, Birth Defects
- 04/20/2016 — Prescriber Restrictions Hurt Hepatitis C Patients, AAFP Argues
- 04/13/2016 — Evidence Backs Low-dose Aspirin for Ages 50-59, Say USPSTF, AAFP
- 04/12/2016 — AAFP Presses Congress for Urgent Funding to Fight Zika Virus
- 04/06/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP Recommend Against COPD Screening in Asymptomatic Adults
- 04/06/2016 — White House, HHS Expand Fight Against Opioid, Heroin Abuse
- 03/30/2016 — Sales Decline for Cigarettes, Increase for Smokeless Tobacco
- 03/23/2016 — Study Finds Adopting Healthy Habits Is About More Than Motivation
- 03/22/2016 — USPSTF: Screen Adults at Increased Risk for Latent TB Infection
- 03/21/2016 — AAFP President Spotlights FP Role Against Antibiotic Resistance