March 29, 2017 01:15 pm — On March 28, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force published its final recommendation statement and evidence summary on screening for celiac disease in asymptomatic patients.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
03/23/2017 — NIH's Office of Dietary Supplements has created a new webpage for health care professionals that features up-to-date, evidence-based information on supplements they can use during discussions with patients, colleagues and students.
03/22/2017 — A study recently published in Annals of Family Medicine found automated office blood pressure monitoring for 30 minutes may dramatically reduce overtreatment of patients with white-coat hypertension.
03/20/2017 — A new advocacy group that includes the AAFP and other primary care organizations has pledged to counter the growing public health threats of climate change.
More Health of the Public News
- 03/16/2017 — New Videos Support FPs' Efforts to Boost Adult Immunizations
- 03/15/2017 — Arthritis Limits Daily Activities of 24 Million U.S. Adults
- 03/14/2017 — AAFP Vaccine Science Fellows Enjoy Busy, Eye-opening Year
- 03/08/2017 — Evidence Lacking on Routine Gynecologic Screening Pelvic Exams
- 03/07/2017 — ACS: Colorectal Cancer Rates Jump Among Younger Adults
- 03/01/2017 — Screen Vision in Children Ages 3-5; Evidence Lacking for Younger Kids
- 02/28/2017 — ACIP Offers Revised, Single-dose HepB Infant Revaccination Option
- 02/23/2017 — AAFP to House: Don't Exempt Cigars From FDA Oversight
- 02/21/2017 — CDC: 2016-2017 Flu Vaccine Nearly 50 Percent Effective
- 02/17/2017 — AAFP, Other Groups to Congress: Continue to Fund Fight Against Zika