August 24, 2016 11:35 am — A recent Canadian study found that children were equally protected by immunization with the live attenuated influenza vaccine compared with the standard inactivated influenza vaccine.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
08/19/2016 — A study published Aug. 9 by The BMJ explored the association between prenatal Zika virus infection and arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, which is characterized by joint contractures at birth.
08/17/2016 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force has released a draft recommendation statement against routine serologic screening for genital herpes simplex virus infection in asymptomatic patients.
08/10/2016 — As rapidly as information about the Zika virus is evolving, it can be tough to keep up. Here's a recap of news on the U.S. outbreak, including cases of local mosquito-borne transmission.
08/09/2016 — U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, M.D., M.B.A., has launched a national campaign called Turn the Tide Rx that aims to enlist physicians' help in fighting opioid abuse.
More Health of the Public News
- 08/09/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP Say Evidence Lacking on Lipids Screening for Kids, Teens
- 08/05/2016 — Evidence Lacking to Recommend For, Against Skin Cancer Screening
- 08/03/2016 — AAFP Survey Finds Men Feel Healthier but Work Remains
- 08/01/2016 — Don't Stall Anti-tobacco Progress, AAFP, Others Tell Lawmakers
- 07/27/2016 — Use Fluoroquinolones Only as Drug of Last Resort for Some Infections
- 07/26/2016 — CMS Announces Million Hearts CVD Risk Reduction Model Participants
- 07/20/2016 — How Utah Zika Infection Was Transmitted Remains Mystery
- 07/13/2016 — AAFP Tobacco Control Mini-grant Recipients Get Creative Again
- 07/06/2016 — USPSTF: Evidence Lacking on Pelvic Exams in Asymptomatic Women
- 07/05/2016 — AAFP Supports HHS in Fight Against Antibiotic-resistant Bacteria