February 05, 2016 01:07 pm — The CDC is urging physicians to be more proactive in prescribing antiviral medications for severely ill or high-risk patients in whom flu is suspected or confirmed.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
02/03/2016 — The World Health Organization has declared the "recent cluster of microcephaly cases and other neurological disorders" likely linked to the Zika virus a "public health emergency of international concern."
02/02/2016 — A recent study examined treatment options for black adults with asthma, finding no difference between adding tiotropium or a long-acting beta agonist to inhaled corticosteroids.
01/29/2016 — The AAFP is applauding a recent proposal from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that all government-owned housing be declared smoke-free.
More Health of the Public News
- 01/27/2016 — Screen All Adults for Depression, Say USPSTF, AAFP
- 01/27/2016 — AAFP Joins White House Conversation on Opioid Abuse
- 01/25/2016 — STFM App Helps FPs With Oral Health Diagnosis, Treatment
- 01/20/2016 — CDC Issues Interim Guidance on Pregnant Women, Zika Virus
- 01/20/2016 — AAFP Offers Mixed Comments on CDC's Opioid Prescribing Guidance
- 01/19/2016 — AAFP Urges FPs to Integrate Preconception Care Into Patient Visits
- 01/18/2016 — CDC Warns of Viral Illness Tied to Severe Birth Defects
- 01/15/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP Issue Final Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations
- 01/13/2016 — HHS, USDA Release Final 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines
- 01/11/2016 — AAFP Helps Craft New Team Physician Consensus Statement