July 20, 2017 09:10 am — The AAFP has partnered with Baylor College of Medicine to create a new alcohol screening and brief intervention manual family physicians can use in their practices.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
07/18/2017 — On July 5, leaders from the New Mexico AFP and two other health care organizations applauded a Santa Fe, N.M., court's decision to support breastfeeding for incarcerated women.
07/17/2017 — On July 11, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force published a final recommendation statement on behavioral counseling to help prevent cardiovascular disease in low- and average-risk adults.
07/10/2017 — An upcoming AAFP webinar will offer up-to-date information on Zika virus infection, sexual transmission of Zika, and management of pregnant women and children with Zika infection.
07/07/2017 — Panelists at a recent summit on opioid abuse hosted by the Institute for Medicaid Innovation discussed the scope of the problem and how physicians can help.
More Health of the Public News
- 06/30/2017 — ACIP Says No to LAIV for 2017-18 Flu Season
- 06/30/2017 — AAFP Foundation Launches Highlight on VACCINATIONS 4 TEENS
- 06/22/2017 — Teen Tobacco Use Dropped Significantly From 2015 to 2016
- 06/22/2017 — Evidence Supports Screening Children, Teens for Obesity
- 06/16/2017 — AAFP Endorses ACP Guideline on Managing Acute, Recurrent Gout
- 06/15/2017 — Legionella Poses Risk for Patients in Health Care Facilities
- 06/13/2017 — AAFP, Other Groups Collaborate to Enhance Women's Health
- 06/12/2017 — FDA Calls for Opana ER's Removal Due to Abuse Concerns
- 06/07/2017 — AAFP Partners With HHS to Promote Patient Education Tool
- 06/06/2017 — CDC Warns of Recent Jump in Cryptosporidiosis Outbreaks