February 10, 2016 03:50 pm — The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation has updated its clinical practice guideline on otitis media with effusion.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
02/05/2016 — The CDC is urging physicians to be more proactive in prescribing antiviral medications for severely ill or high-risk patients in whom flu is suspected or confirmed.
02/03/2016 — The World Health Organization has declared the "recent cluster of microcephaly cases and other neurological disorders" likely linked to the Zika virus a "public health emergency of international concern."
More Health of the Public News
- 02/02/2016 — AAFP NRN Study Sheds Light on Asthma Treatment in Black Adults
- 01/29/2016 — AAFP Throws Support Behind Smoke-free Public Housing Proposal
- 01/27/2016 — Screen All Adults for Depression, Say USPSTF, AAFP
- 01/27/2016 — AAFP Joins White House Conversation on Opioid Abuse
- 01/25/2016 — STFM App Helps FPs With Oral Health Diagnosis, Treatment
- 01/20/2016 — CDC Issues Interim Guidance on Pregnant Women, Zika Virus
- 01/20/2016 — AAFP Offers Mixed Comments on CDC's Opioid Prescribing Guidance
- 01/19/2016 — AAFP Urges FPs to Integrate Preconception Care Into Patient Visits
- 01/18/2016 — CDC Warns of Viral Illness Tied to Severe Birth Defects
- 01/15/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP Issue Final Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations