Family physicians, always on the hunt for better ways to manage the care of their patients with asthma, have an opportunity to learn more on the topic from two physician experts who will co-host a free webinar, The Patient Journey: Implementing Excellence in Asthma Care, on tap for Monday, June 17, from 1-2 p.m. CDT.
Webinar co-host Len Fromer, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor of family medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, and serves as the executive medical director of Group Practice Forum(www.grouppracticeforum.com), an independent network of physician group experts and education professionals.
Fromer, along with co-host Christopher Webber, M.D., will help physicians better understand the progression of allergic diseases beginning with eczema in infancy to asthma in childhood and adolescence.
Webber offers a wealth of expertise on the topic. He serves as chief of the U.S. Air Force Academy Allergy and Asthma Clinic in Colorado Springs, Colo., and is a member of the Air Force Academy's Asthma Health Initiative Task Force. Together, the pair will walk webinar participants through ways to improve asthma care. For example, they will offer tips on how to
- motivate and engage patients;
- evaluate practice workflow, tasks and protocols to ensure the care team is working at the top of their licenses;
- formulate strategies to improve care coordination and management of patients with asthma;
- characterize the progression of seemingly unrelated diseases;
- understand environmental control of the disease; and
- describe the critical components of asthma management according to guidelines from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
Presentation of the asthma webinar represents a partnership between TransforMED and Group Practice Forum. Registration is now open for this event(engage.vevent.com), but space is limited.
Physicians unable to view the live webinar will have access to an archived version.