Teamwork is an essential element of an efficient medical practice. And family physicians eager to provide their staff members with the support they need to embrace team-based care can take advantage of a one-hour webinar offered by TransforMED's Delta-Exchange network(www.transformed.com) and titled "Six Characteristics of Effective Practice Teams."
Join other family physicians on May 30 at 1 p.m. CDT as webinar moderator Berdi Safford, M.D., of Ferndale, Wash.,
- lays out a new model for primary care teamwork,
- defines the characteristics of a highly functioning team,
- shows how physicians and other members of the health care team can adopt new ways of doing business,
- points out the challenges of molding and maintaining a productive team, and
- highlights the benefits that practices will enjoy when teamwork becomes second nature.
Safford has the expertise needed to coach her colleagues on the topic. She currently serves as the medical director of quality performance for Family Care Network, a 48-member family physician group. In addition, her community was one of seven recipients of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Pursuing Perfection health care grants and served as the grant pilot's site for idealized practice redesign.
Registration is open for this webinar and is available in the Online Seminars zone on Delta-Exchange. AAFP members who have not yet accessed their free Delta-Exchange membership (login is required) must do so to register for the webinar.
Those who already have accessed Delta-Exchange can log in to the network(www.delta-exchange.net) and select "Online Seminars" in the left-hand column to register for the live webinar. For those unable to participate in the live event, the webinar will be archived.