January 18, 2017 02:55 pm — Registration is now open for a free CMS webinar aimed at helping physicians transition to the Quality Payment Program.Full Story »
MACRA: The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) that was signed into law in April 2015 is setting up groundbreaking changes to the way physicians are paid by Medicare.
For starters, the act permanently repealed the hopelessly flawed sustainable growth rate formula, preventing a 21 percent cut to Medicare reimbursement rates. But it also extends the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for two years and sets up a new, two-track Medicare physician payment system that emphasizes value-based payment models.
The AAFP is pulling no punches to make sure family physicians are poised to make the most of this new era of value-based payment -- working in Washington to show legislators and regulators how the law can best support primary care, while at the same time showing individual family physicians the concrete steps they can take to succeed in MACRA's new payment and quality reporting framework.
Keep an eye on AAFP News for timely updates about how the AAFP is flexing its muscles to shape MACRA into a tool that properly compensates family physicians for what they do better than anyone else -- provide high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate care for their patients.
Recent MACRA Ready News
12/20/2016 — The AAFP continues to keep a close eye on details associated with new payment models related to CMS' Quality Payment Program.
Be MACRA Ready
More MACRA Ready Content
- 12/19/2016 — Incentive Payment Designs Need Fine-tuning, Say Panelists
- 12/12/2016 — Arkansas Program Illustrates Promise of Practice Transformation
- 12/06/2016 — AAFP Helps Fine-tune Primary Care Payment Models
- 11/30/2016 — CMS Updates Quality Payment Program Website to Enable Data-sharing
- 11/16/2016 — FP Credits CPC Initiative With Practice Turnaround
- 11/09/2016 — Prepare for Success: Access AAFP's Free QRUR Webcast Series
- 11/09/2016 — Fighting for Change as Only a Family Physician Can
- 11/02/2016 — FPs Embrace Quality and Resource Use Reports as Valuable Tools
- 10/26/2016 — No Time to Read CMS' Massive MACRA Final Rule?
- 10/14/2016 — Final MACRA Implementation Rule Addresses AAFP Concerns