December 09, 2016 01:17 pm — New research in the Annals of Emergency Medicine shows that retail clinics have not curbed patients' use of hospital emergency departments for nonemergency care.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
12/06/2016 — Speakers at a forum hosted by the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care said accountable care organizations offer a glimpse into the future of value-based payment.
12/05/2016 — The AAFP is offering family physicians a webinar on ICD-10 coding that will go a long way toward preparing them for value-based payment.
11/30/2016 — California-based researchers conducted a qualitative study to learn how health coaches support and work with patients, identifying seven themes they used to create a conceptual model showing how the two groups collaborate.
11/22/2016 — Researchers found that high-deductible insurance plans are causing some patients to delay or forgo necessary care, making their conditions worse.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 11/21/2016 — Panelists Address Remaining Gaps in Physician Payment Reform
- 11/14/2016 — Panel Highlights Team Approaches to Patient-Centered Primary Care
- 11/03/2016 — Unsure of Medicare Prescribing Rules for Diabetes Testing Supplies?
- 11/02/2016 — Need Health Coverage for Your Practice Employees?
- 10/26/2016 — FPM Medicare Wellness Visit Toolkit Launches
- 10/19/2016 — Report Calls for Addressing Social Risks in Medicare Payment
- 10/12/2016 — AAFP Webinar: Prepare for Value-based Payment
- 10/11/2016 — Researchers Study How Ambulatory Physicians Spend Their Time
- 10/10/2016 — Study Finds Savings at Federally Qualified Health Centers
- 10/05/2016 — 2015 PQRS, QRUR Reports Available; Check for Errors