January 18, 2017 03:16 pm — A study published this month indicates that greater primary care involvement at the end of life contributes to improved outcomes and lower costs.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
01/09/2017 — CMS will waive penalties associated with 2016 fourth quarter Physician Quality Reporting System reporting if physicians had difficulty because of ICD-10 code updates.
12/23/2016 — Emphasizing the need for care coordinated by a physician, the AAFP is asking a major insurer to review its policies on intervention by nurses and third parties.
12/21/2016 — Social factors are often behind the reasons patients schedule office appointments, so researchers say physician payment systems should take them into account.
12/09/2016 — New research in the Annals of Emergency Medicine shows that retail clinics have not curbed patients' use of hospital emergency departments for nonemergency care.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 12/06/2016 — Panelists Say ACOs Show Positive Influence on Cost, Care
- 12/05/2016 — Get Good at ICD-10 Coding; Be Ready for Value-based Payment
- 11/30/2016 — Study: Making the Most of Health Coaches in Primary Care
- 11/22/2016 — Study: High Deductibles Cause Patients to Delay Care
- 11/21/2016 — Panelists Address Remaining Gaps in Physician Payment Reform
- 11/14/2016 — Panel Highlights Team Approaches to Patient-Centered Primary Care
- 11/03/2016 — Unsure of Medicare Prescribing Rules for Diabetes Testing Supplies?
- 11/02/2016 — Need Health Coverage for Your Practice Employees?
- 10/26/2016 — FPM Medicare Wellness Visit Toolkit Launches
- 10/19/2016 — Report Calls for Addressing Social Risks in Medicare Payment