April 11, 2014 03:42 pm — On May 9, CMS announced that it had made public a data set of information that contains financial information -- including billing and Medicare payment details -- on some 880,000 physicians who were paid about $77 billion in 2012 for services provided to patients as part of the Medicare Part B fee-for-service program.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
04/09/2014 — On Jan. 1, 2014, family physicians and all other entities covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act were obligated to come into compliance with operating rules related to electronic funds transfer and electronic remittance advice.
04/08/2014 — Small changes can lead to big rewards. That's the key learning from new research that looks at the relationship between continuity of care among Medicare patients with certain chronic diseases and four cost/quality indicators: health care costs, complications, hospitalizations and ER visits.
04/01/2014 — Family physicians interested in elevating their practices to new heights when it comes to patient care will be interested in reviewing a new conceptual model for getting there put together by researchers from the University of California, San Francisco, Center for Excellence in Primary Care, Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Talk With Leaders
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 03/28/2014 — House Votes to Delay ICD-10 Implementation for a Year
- 03/19/2014 — AAFP's PCMH Planner Has the Tools FPs Need
- 03/19/2014 — Avoid Coding Errors That Leave Money on the Table
- 03/13/2014 — Major Health Plans Preparing for ICD-10
- 03/12/2014 — Medical Home Pilot Findings Fall Short
- 03/05/2014 — AAFP, CDC Collaborate on App to Prevent GBS Disease
- 02/27/2014 — AAFP Questions ICD-10 Readiness, Testing
- 02/26/2014 — AAFP Letter Highlights Burden of Long Medicare Payment Appeals Process
- 02/19/2014 — AAFP Offers Free Meaningful Use Webinar
- 02/18/2014 — Appeals Court Halts Insurer's Efforts to Trim Physician Network
- 02/12/2014 — Report Looks at Physician Challenges in 2014