Family physicians interested in securing a spot in CMS' Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC)(www.innovations.cms.gov) Initiative could pick up some valuable tips from an upcoming free TransforMED webinar titled Applying for the CPC Initiative -- Maximizing Your Chances of Success.
The webinar is scheduled for June 13 at 1 p.m. CDT.
Join Bruce Bagley, M.D., medical director of quality improvement for the AAFP and for TransforMED, as he
- discusses details of the four-year project that is set to launch this summer,
- shares strategies likely to increase a practice's chances for selection,
- walks potential participants through the application process, and
- directs physicians to additional tools that will enhance their competitiveness in the selection process.
Carrie Lam from CMS' Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation also will be available to answer questions about the program.
The CPC Initiative, which was announced a few months ago, will offer selected primary care practices an opportunity to enhance patient care and boost practice revenues. The program will offer a blended payment model made up of fee-for-service payments with a per-patient, per-month care coordination fee and the opportunity for shared savings.
Registration for the webinar is open to everyone. An archived version of the webinar will be available 24 hours after the live presentation.
Although the initiative will kick off in just seven markets around the country, if it proves successful in improving quality and lowering health care costs, CMS could expand it nationwide. The seven initial markets are
- Arkansas (statewide),
- Colorado (statewide),
- New Jersey (statewide),
- New York (Capital District-Hudson Valley region),
- Ohio (Cincinnati-Dayton region),
- Oklahoma (Greater Tulsa region), and
- Oregon (statewide).