Family physicians typically have a good number of Medicare-eligible individuals included in their patient panel. And among the many health care services available to these patients is the Medicare annual wellness visit.
Taking care of these visits in an efficient manner -- and ensuring all elements are included -- can maximize the payment physicians receive.
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the pertinent information in one place? That's exactly what physicians get with Family Practice Management's Medicare Wellness Visit Toolkit.
The toolkit is filled with resources to help busy family physicians make the most of their time and provide quality care. Users will find
- a list of elements included in the initial preventive physical exam (the Welcome to Medicare visit) and the annual wellness visit,
- a patient communication piece that explains Medicare's emphasis on wellness care,
- a scheduling tool geared to support staff,
- a patient health risk assessment questionnaire (the Medicare wellness checkup), and
- an initial preventive physical exam encounter form.
The toolkit, available to AAFP members for $29.99 (nonmembers pay $34.99), also includes a list of preventive services covered by Medicare in 2016. It should be noted that these covered services are not expected to change in 2017.
Related AAFP News Coverage
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
AAFP Urges CMS to Preserve Medicare Beneficiaries' Care Continuity