This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
- Blood Drives -- The Community Blood Center holds blood drives on-site at the AAFP headquarters three times per year.
- Heartland SPCA -- A supply drive is held to benefit Heartland SPCA, a not-for-profit, low-kill animal shelter that houses about 250 stray animals from the Johnson County area.
- Operation Breakthrough -- A school supply drive benefiting Operation Breakthrough of St. Vincent's Family Service Center. The mission of this organization is to help children who are living in poverty develop to their fullest potential by providing them a safe, loving, educational environment. The organization also strives to support and empower the children's families through advocacy, referral services and emergency aid. This organization provides services for more than 400 school-age children from low-income families in the central city.
- Harvesters -- Academy staff donate nonperishable food to Harvesters Community Food Network. Harvesters distributes food to about 550 not-for-profit agencies in 13 counties in Kansas and Missouri, including homeless, domestic and battered persons shelters.
- United Way -- The Academy supports a United Way by employee donations (including through payroll deduction) and an Academy donation. United Way supports more than 150 local Kansas City metropolitan area local charities.