This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Center of Excellence in Primary Care Practice-Based Research and Learning
The AAFP NRN and DARTNet Institute have partnered with 13 other networks from around the country to form the PBRN Center of Excellence and will serve as a Research Center in Practice-Based Research and Learning. The center will be managed through the AAFP NRN, headed up by the AAFP NRN's Research Director, Kim Kimminau, PhD and will provide infrastructure to promote clinical, behavioral and translational research activities consistent with AHRQ priorities.
The purpose of this award is to help stimulate cooperative research, increase the effectiveness of current research, and promote new research directions through collaborations among existing PBRNs, while accelerating both the generation of new knowledge and a community of learning for primary care practices to improve quality, patient safety and effectiveness of care.
As the core center, the AAFP NRN will represent a consortium of cooperating institutions and will serve to foster synergy and improve coordination of research, support emerging research opportunities, and promote efficiencies through resources shared by the partner networks.
- AAFP National Research Network
- DARTNet Institute
- Electronic National Quality Improvement and Research Network (eNQUIRENet)
- Collaborative Care Research Network (CCRN)
- WWAMI Region Practice and Research Network (WPRN)
- South Texas Ambulatory Research Network (STARNet)
- Upstate New York Practice Based Research Network (UNYNET)
- Connecticut Center for Primary Care (CCPC)
- Residency Research Network of Texas (RRNeT)
- The Dental PBRN (DPBRN)
- Free Clinic Research & Educational Engagement Network (FreeNet),
- American College of Physicians Network (ACPNet)
- New York City Research Improvement and Networking Group (NYC RING) PBRN
- Oklahoma Physicians Resource/Research Network (OKPRN)
- Scalable Architecture for Federated Therapeutic Inquiries Network (SAFTINet) network
Although this opportunity provides no funds for specific research projects, awarded are intended to strengthen the research and dissemination infrastructure of each Center. Additionally, AHRQ intends to publish future “rapid-cycle” Funding Opportunity Announcements describing research projects that will be limited to funded Centers.
We will share more information on our exciting activities as we begin our work.
If you would like to speak with a member of the project team, please contact Dr. Kimminau at email@example.com or Rusty McLouth, MS at firstname.lastname@example.org.