Americans In Motion—Healthy Interventions (AIM-HI) is an AAFP initiative designed to improve the health of all Americans through a multifaceted fitness program addressing physical activity, nutrition and emotional well-being in the individual, family and community.
- Encourage family physicians to be fitness role models.
- Improve family physicians’ ability to positively affect the fitness of their patients.
- Enhance the awareness of the family physicians’ unique ability to promote fitness within their communities.
The AIM-HI Approach
AIM-HI presents fitness—physical activity, nutrition and emotional well-being—as “the treatment of choice” for prevention and management of many chronic conditions. AIM-HI helps family medicine practices create a fitness focus through implementation of these critical strategies:
- Raising awareness among clinicians and office staff regarding their own personal fitness.
- Creating an office environment that is conducive to integrating AIM-HI concepts into everyday office routines.
- Using the AIM-HI philosophy and tools to help patients improve their fitness.
Americans In Motion-Healthy Interventions is supported by