This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
AIM-HI Research Study
This project evaluated a practice improvement program to improve family physicians’ delivery of effective patient-centered behavior change interventions for fitness — physical activity, healthy eating and emotional well-being. Family medicine offices that participated in the study:
- Adapted their office environment and practice processes to promote fitness
- Shifted from advice-giving to patient-centered lifestyle counseling
- Integrated AIM-HI resources into office routines.
- Decrease in BMI
- Improvement in self-reported eating habits
- Improvement in fitness (as measured by a step test)
- Increase in self-reported exercise levels