This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Family physicians care for a wide variety of patients and need these skills to offer better patient care.
Quality Care for Diverse Populations Videos
The program includes five video vignettes depicting simulated physician-patient visits in an office setting as a means to explore ethnic and sociocultural issues found in today's diverse health care environment.
- Understand how to work collaboratively with medical interpreters;
- Recognize why and when cultural factors related to obesity may be a barrier to doctor-patient communication and patient compliance;
- Identify specific health-based information concerning gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) populations, including health risks, health disparities and strategies for improvement;
- Identify major stressors related to the process of immigration and common problems that may be encountered during the medical exam; and
- Understand the importance of honoring traditional Native American cultural communication patterns.