This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Translations of ALSO Materials
- The name, address, and phone number of the physician responsible for reviewing the scientific content of the translation must be submitted with the request.
- An individual, or individuals within the country or organization, requesting the translation must be identified for future contact, such as receiving new information or making revisions.
- A formal written request must be made to the American Academy of Family Physicians. This request should include the following:
- A statement of the desire to translate the ALSO materials.
- A proposal for implementing in the target country. This proposal should address:
- How the translation should be done
- How the translation will be adapted to the needs of the country for which it is being prepared.
- Translation of portions of the ALSO materials to be used outside of an ALSO course is not permitted.
- The translation must include a printed disclaimer stating it is a translation and was not produced by the American Academy of Family Physicians. The translation may not include the seal of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- The publisher agrees to indemnify and hold the AAFP harmless from any claim that may be attributed to a discrepancy or inaccuracy between the translated version and the original English language edition.
- The publisher must sign the ALSO license agreement to be provided by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Diana Winslow, R.N. B.S.N.
Manager, ALSO Program
American Academy of Family Physicians
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211-2680