This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
ALSO Advisory Faculty
- Have served as a course director for an ALSO Provider Course.
- Have achieved ALSO Approved Instructor status.
- Have completed and submitted an application form, along with a letter of recommendation from a current advisory faculty member.
- Receive final approval from the ALSO Advisory Board.
- Ensuring that the course director adheres to all AAFP requirements for conducting an ALSO Provider Course.
- Ensuring that the course director adheres to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
- Actively assisting the course director with the planning and coordination of the provider course, including faculty selection.
- Advising the course director on-site during the course and suggesting possible solutions if problems occur.
- Observing and evaluating instructor candidates teaching at provider courses, using the ALSO Instructor Candidate Evaluation Form (1-page Word file; About Downloading), and submitting the forms to the ALSO staff. The advisory faculty member must discuss the evaluation with the instructor candidate.
- Serving as a liaison to an international entity only if appointed by the ALSO Advisory Board.
- Remaining on-site during the entire provider course.