This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Approved Instructor / Instructor Candidate
- Be a licensed physician, certified nurse midwife, or registered nurse and
- Achieve successful completion of the ALSO Instructor Course to gain designation as an “ALSO” Instructor Candidate.”
- Have his/her teaching performance observed and evaluated within one year by an advisory faculty member. If the evaluation does not occur within a year, the Instructor Candidate’s status reverts back to provider status. The advisory faculty member must complete and sign an Instructor Candidate Evaluation Form (1-page PDF file. About PDFs) and submit it to the AAFP. Only then will a wallet card be issued designating the individual as an ALSO Approved Instructor.
- Willingness and ability to assist the course director and advisory faculty with maintaining the consistency and integrity of the ALSO Program by ensuring the course adheres to all AAFP requirements for conducting a provider course.
- Willingness and ability to assist the advisory faculty member and course director with answering participants’ questions regarding course content.
- Willingness and ability to function as effective team leaders, to exhibit good leadership skills and to be able to convey a sense of order while role-playing in the workstations.
- Willingness and ability to remain on-site during the entire course.