Topics & Learning Objectives
Practical Advances in Musculoskeletal and Sports Care
AAFP Live Clinical Course
Note: Topics are subject to change.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess injured bones or soft tissue to determine the stage and severity of the injury.
- Demonstrate proficiency in examination techniques, including range of motion, stability, bone alignment and assessment of soft tissue swelling/masses.
- Prepare treatment recommendations for patients with musculoskeletal injuries that include NSAIDs or pain medication and application of the RICE strategy.
- Counsel patients who participate in organized sports or rigorous athletics on injury avoidance and use of protective gear.
- Identify training needs related to procedural skills such as casting, splinting and joint injections.