This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Activity 7: Motivating Change in Patients with Diabetes
- Describe the key elements of the Stages of Change model put forward by DiClemente and Prochaska.
- Outline skills and interventions used in motivational interviewing.
- Identify potential communication barriers within physician-patient relationships that may contribute to sub-optimal management of diabetes and cardiovascular risk.
- Outline target blood pressure and cholesterol goals for patients with diabetes.
- Recommend at least one behavioral change aimed at reducing cardiovascular risk.
Accessing the Activity
Acknowledgment of Support
Activity 7: Motivating Change