This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
All-Event Media Registration
The following All-Event Media Guidelines have been adopted as protocol by leadership of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Members of the media found in violation of these guidelines will immediately be dismissed from the AAFP event they are attending and will forfeit media credentials for subsequent meetings.
- The AAFP reserves the right to limit access to AAFP-sponsored meetings and events.
- The AAFP reserves the right to inspect the credentials of anyone registering as media.
- Based on space requirements, the AAFP reserves the right to limit the number of press badges issued to a single media organization.
- Media representatives must present identification to verify affiliation with print, broadcast or recognized Internet media. Freelance writers must submit a letter of assignment or letter of intent from the media outlet being represented. Unassigned freelance writers must present bylined articles from a recognized news organization for consideration. Business cards or membership cards from communications or writers’ organizations are not sufficient to establish eligibility.
- Press badges are available only to working media representatives who can show evidence that their attendance will result in coverage of the meeting or event in print, broadcast or Internet media.
- Media representatives may NOT also register as exhibitors. Dual-role publishers/editors may be registered if bylined samples are presented.
- The AAFP will not issue press badges to: publishers or a publication’s advertising, marketing, public relations or sales representatives; publishers, editors or reporters from manufacturers’ house organs or promotional publications; public relations staff of exhibitors or educational institutions; writers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity to customers; or other individuals or their representatives who are not actually reporting on the meeting or event. Any press badge holder who sells, markets or represents a company or organization for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any meeting registrant or exhibitor immediately forfeits press credentials.
- If attending a meeting where AAFP public relations staff will not be in attendance, advance credentialing is required, or admittance will not be granted.
- Exhibitors and representative firms may not display or distribute promotional or press materials in AAFP-sponsored media rooms. Any media materials issued from the Scientific Assembly may not reference the AAFP in the dateline or the text of the document.
- AAFP program content may not be used to develop continuing medical education (CME) without the express written consent of the AAFP.
- Live broadcasts from continuing medical education courses and any other AAFP event may not occur without written consent from the public relations manager.
- Filming, photographing and live broadcasting of any kind on exhibit floors at AAFP meetings is allowed only at the discretion of the public relations manager.