This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Rejoining or Reinstating Membership
- Reinstate your membership
- Rejoin the AAFP
Reinstating your membership
- Are interested in applying for the AAFP’s Degree of Fellow, which requires that applicants have at least six years of continuous membership.
- Hope to become a Life member, which requires a minimum of 20 years of continuous membership.
- You are required to pay membership dues for the years since your membership lapsed.
- You may also need to provide documentation of CME (150 credits per three-year re-election cycle) that you earned if your re-election cycle ended prior to January 1 of this year. This condition only applies if your membership type was Active or Supporting FP when your membership lapsed.
Rejoining the AAFP
- Submit a new application for membership.
- Your application must be approved by the national AAFP and the constituent chapter with which you are affiliated. This process can take 30-90 days.
- Pay the first year of dues in full, or enroll in the installment payment plan, in order to receive membership benefits.
- Provide proof of having earned at least 100 credits of CME within the last two years (if your membership lapsed less than two years ago). Staff in the AAFP’s Contact Center can assist you with identifying applicable CME.
Submit Your Application Online
Download Your Application Form
Active Membership Application Form (*PDF file)
Resident Membership Application Form (*PDF file)
Student Membership Application Form (*PDF file)
International Membership Application Form (*PDF file)
Supporting Membership (FP) Application Form (*PDF file)
Supporting Membership (Non-FP) Application Form (*PDF file)