This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Active Member (Practicing Physicians)
- Have completed either an AOA-approved one-year rotating general or FP internship plus two years of an AOA-approved general or FP residency, or an AOA-approved three-year general or FP residency
- Have completed an FP residency program approved by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) and subsequently board certified by the CFPC and practice exclusively within the United States
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) through Reciprocity Agreements between the ABFM and Foreign Colleges of Family Medicine or General Practice
- Have held Active membership prior to or as of December 31, 1988
- May have floor at Assembly, vote, and hold office.
Definition of "Approved CME"
Continuing Study Requirements
- Active members with a CME requirement must accrue and report, within each re-election term, a minimum of 150 credits of approved CME of which at least 75 credits must be AAFP prescribed credit and 25 credits must be live activities.
Term of Membership
- Three years
National AAFP Dues
- $405.00 annual dues (January 1 through December 31).
General Membership Information
- Applications are approved at the constituent chapter level, subject to AAFP Bylaws.
- National headquarters completes enrollment. Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the constituent chapter.
- If all membership requirements are met, membership is continued on an annual basis, unless notification is received from the member.
Constituent and Local Chapter Dues
Questions? Contact us at (800) 274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.