This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
- Supporting non-FP: Physicians in specialties other than family medicine must meet criteria established by the AAFP Board of Directors. Criteria are based on activities that support and enhance the family medicine specialty. Physicians must also be licensed to practice in a geographic area in which a constituent chapter exists.
- Supporting FP: Physicians who have been actively engaged in the practice or teaching of family medicine or in medical administration for the previous six years but who do not qualify for active membership because they did not complete the necessary residency training, and who have not been active members prior to January 1, 1989, must provide evidence of 100 approved CME credits completed during the two years immediately preceding application.
- May hold floor at Assembly.
- May not hold national office or committee appointment and may not vote in national affairs.
- Privileges of supporting members in constituent chapters may be determined under the Bylaws of individual constituent chapters.
If applicant has never been a Supporting FP member, or has not held Supporting FP membership within the last two years, CME credits are not required. If the applicant has held Supporting FP membership within the last two years, the applicant must provide evidence of 100 approved CME credits completed during the two years immediately preceding application.
Definition of "Approved CME"
Continuing Study Requirement
- Supporting non-FP: None
- Supporting FP: 150 credits of approved CME every three years.
- Active and supporting members with a CME requirement must accrue and report, within each re-election term, a minimum of 150 credits of approved CME of which at least 75 credits must be AAFP prescribed credit and 25 credits must be live activities.
Term of Membership
- Supporting non-FP: One year
- Supporting FP: Three years
National AAFP Dues
- $270.00 annual dues (January 1 through December 31)
General Membership Information
- Applications are approved at the constituent chapter level, subject to AAFP Bylaws. Applications for student and resident membership are approved at the national level, subject to AAFP bylaws.
- National headquarters completes enrollment. Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the constituent chapter.
- If all membership requirements are met, membership is continued on an annual basis, unless notification is received from the member.
Constituent and Local Chapter Dues
Questions? Contact us at (800) 274-2237, or firstname.lastname@example.org.