This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Fellowship Application Information
- Member must have held Active membership for six years, or held a combination of Resident and Active membership for a total of six years.
- Accrue a grand total of 100 points as defined by this application. Cite experiences and activities in the following areas: Life-Long Learning, Practice Quality and Improvement, Volunteer Teaching, Public Service, Publishing and Research, and Service to the Specialty.
- Submit a one-time fee of $175.
Apply for the Degree of Fellow
Apply by Mail Instructions
American Academy of Family Physicians
Attention: Heather Ynda
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211-2672.
the initials “FAAFP” after their name and are honored during a special Convocation Ceremony at the Scientific Assembly. Some chapters also present the degree during their annual meeting. Please contact your chapter for details.
You may request, in writing, an exception from the Academy. Provided that your situation meets one of the requirements below, you will receive the certificate in absentia.
- Those who are personally suffering or whose family members are suffering from a serious and continuing illness or those with a physical disability.
- Those physicians whose absence would present a hardship to their patients.
- Those physicians who are residing outside of the United States or its territories.
- Those physicians who are celebrating a religious holiday on the convocation date.
A press release for your hometown newspaper is available at the convention.