This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Encouraging conversations between physicians and patients to improve care.
About Choosing Wisely®
- Inductions of labor or Cesarean deliveries before 39 weeks*
- Inductions of labor between 39 weeks and 41 weeks*
- Carotid artery stenosis screening in asymptomatic adults
- Cervical cancer screening in women older than 65
- Cervical cancer screening in women younger than 30 with HPV testing
- Imaging for low back pain
- Antibiotics for acute short-term sinusitis
- DEXA screening for young patients
- EKGs for asymptomatic, low-risk patients
- Pap smears for young or low-risk women
Choosing Wisely: Tests and Treatments to Discuss With Your Doctor -- resources for patients on FamilyDoctor.org
*The AAFP has collaborated with the American Academy of Obstetricians and Gynecologists to develop the first two recommendations listed above regarding induction of labor.
The recommendations listed above are provided solely for informational purposes and are not intended as a substitute for consultation with a medical professional. Patients with any specific questions about the items on this list or their individual situation should consult their physician.