This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Becoming Recognized or Accredited as a PCMH
- Find out if your state has a defined, state-developed or specific state recognized process. AAFP Government Relations 2011 State Legislation: Medical Homes Report (13-page PDF; About PDFs).
- Determine if you are required by another group to be recognized or accredited (accountable care organization, Health Resources and Services Administration [HRSA], etc.).
- Determine if this recognition is the same as the major health plans or payers for your practice (Medicaid, private insurance, etc.).
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) Medical Home On-Site Certification
- The Joint Commission (TJC) Designation for your Primary Care Home
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH 2011) Recognition
- URAC Patient Centered Health Care Home Recognition
This Patient-Centered Medical Home section of the AAFP web site was supported in part by a grant from Merck & Co.