This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
- Monitor statistics weekly until same-day scheduling implementation is completed. Have staff use the Same-Day Appointment Tally Sheet (Excel file; About Downloading Files) to record appointment requests. This tool will automatically calculate the percentage of same-day versus pre-scheduled visits.
- Continue to monitor statistics periodically.
- Reduce the number of no-show appointments, and patient and provider cancellation.
- Increase revenue because of higher patient retention.
- Increase clinical staff efficiencies. Physicians and nurses will have more time to spend with patients because nonclinical work is relocated to non-clinical staff.
What You Will Need
Where to Go for Help
- Read the following FPM article: "Measuring Patient Satisfaction: How to Do It and Why to Bother."
This Patient-Centered Medical Home section of the AAFP web site was supported in part by a grant from Merck & Co.