This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Assemble a Project Team
- A project team and leader
- Additional time to work on project
- A computer with Internet access
Get staff involved
- Set clear goals.
- Show your choice of these AAFP videos to educate staff: "Use Data to Improve Your Practice," "Improve Care with Patient Registries," "Understanding METRIC and Performance Improvement," and "Model for Improvement."
- Determine staff roles and responsibilities.
- Determine how to integrate data collection and measurement into regular office work flow.
Develop a timeline
- to design and test the data collection and measurement system
- to start data collection
What You Will Need
- A project team and leader. The unique knowledge and skills of individuals on a team can help your project succeed.
- Additional time to work on project.
- A computer with Internet access to watch videos.
Where to Go for Help
Watch the AAFP video "Use Data to Improve Your Practice" for a look at measuring practice performance and patient outcomes and using the data to improve care, efficiency and profitability.
Watch the AAFP video "Improve Care with Patient Registries" for an overview of what a registry is; how it can be set up; and how it can streamline processes, increase revenue and improve care for your patient population.
Learn about the AAFP's METRIC (Measuring, Evaluating and Translating Research Into Care) program by watching these videos: "Understanding METRIC and Performance Improvement" and "Model for Improvement."
This Patient-Centered Medical Home section of the AAFP web site was supported in part by a grant from Merck & Co.