This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
The regulation also discusses:
- 2013 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Potentially misvalued codes
- Additions to the Medicare Telehealth Services
- Implementation of the Physician Value-Based Payment Modifier and the Physician Feedback Reporting Program
Read AAFP's summary of the final regulation.
After the American Taxpayer Relief Act was passed by Congress, the AAFP released a statement urging Congress to follow through on previous promises and commit to permanently end the ordeal of temporary patches that ultimately drive up the cost of a meaningful solution and destabilize the Medicare system. Congress must make good use of these 12 months to repeal the sustainable growth rate (SGR) and put a sustainable payment system in place that helps re-balance the primary care physician workforce.”
Separate from the SGR but still impacting Medicare physician payments, the American Taxpayer Relief Act also delayed for two months (until March 31, 2013) the scheduled 2 percent cut in Medicare payments due to budget sequestration created by the Budget Control Act of 2011.
- ANN article: Key Components of 2013 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Highlighted in AAFP Summary
- AAFP Statement: 2013 Fee Schedule Should Focus Congressional Sights on Permanent Solution to Medicare Physician Payment
- AAFP's letter to CMS regarding the proposed 2013 regulation (17-page PDF; About PDFs)
- AAFP Executive Summary of the proposed regulation: Proposed 2013 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. (12-page PDF; About PDFs)
- Summary of 2012 Final Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (21-page PDF file; About PDFs)
- Summary of 2012 Proposed Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (12-page PDF file; About PDFs)
AAFP Response to the SGR Proposal (*PDF file)