This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Cancer Care, Ensuring Quality
Recommendation No. 4 of the Institute of Medicine report reads as follows:
Ensure the following elements of quality care for each individual with cancer:
- That recommendations about initial cancer management, which are critical in determining long-term outcome, are made by experienced professionals;
- An agreed-upon care plan that outlines goals of care;
- Access to the full complement of resources necessary to implement the care plan;
- Access to high-quality clinical trials;
- Policies to ensure full disclosure of information about appropriate treatment options;
- A mechanism to coordinate services; and
- Psychosocial support services and compassionate care.