This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Therefore, the AAFP will cooperate in recognition, treatment, and education efforts with other groups in organized medicine, nationally-recognized centers for the prevention and treatment of child abuse, responsible government agencies, and appropriate lay organizations.
The AAFP will provide child abuse educational information to members about:
- the incidence, prevalence and complexities of all forms of child abuse,
- information about the reporting of child abuse,
- prevention of child abuse,
- early recognition of child abuse; and
- the diagnosis and appropriate treatment of child abuse.
The AAFP endorses family preservation when possible, always keeping the safety and well being of the children as primary objectives. (1987) (2008)