This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Drug Switching Notices
- are patient-centric, e.g., address patient safety and patient compliance, suggest appropriate generic or therapeutic alternative, etc.
- are drawn from evidence-based disease management guidelines;
- are HIPAA-compliant;
- are directed only;
- clearly indicate what organization is funding such a communication;
- are transparent regarding the financial impact to the patient and the pharmacy plan and/or health plan;
- emphasize patients should consult their personal physician about any potential change(s) in their prescribed medication(s) which may be done best in a face-to-face visit; and
- adhere to respective AAFP policies on drugs.