Health Workforce Credentialing
Urban/Inner City Training Program in Family Medicine
Family Medicine, Undergraduate Training in
Family Physicians, Role and Production of
Health Workforce Training
The AAFP supports federal health workforce legislation that:
- Ensures that physicians will have freedom of choice in the selection of practice sites.
- Supports current federal programs, such as the National Health Service Corps, which finance the cost of a student's education, provided that such voluntary federal programs contain reasonable "buy out" provisions for federal scholarship monies given to students.
- Includes in those sections seeking to secure more physicians in currently underserved areas, provisions that:
- support the concept of equal fees for equal service for these practitioners;
- make funds available that would allow family medicine residencies to expand and become more competitive in attracting medical students, and
- expand quality educational programs into more rural and inner-city areas and encourage medical schools to include these programs in the core curriculum training of junior and senior medical students.